OCHIN is pleased to announce publication of the OCHIN Epic Cervical Cancer Screening and Prevention Improvement Guide v1.0. This comprehensive resource is brought to you by the OCHIN HCCN grant. To access the guide, log in to Ella, and search under Collections: OCHIN Improvement Guides. For assistance with Ella login credentials, contact your Site Specialist.
- Streamlined Epic abnormal lab tracking Health Maintenance workflow
- Reporting Workbench reports to capture patients due/past due for cervical cancer screening, HPV immunization, or follow-up
- HPV Immunization – Initiate at Age 9 Best Practices Advisory available on an opt-in basis
- Updated Meaningful Use and CQM Dashboards
- Find information quickly with keyword search function
- Case study excerpts woven through the text
The guide contains change management and improvement education, resources, and templates to encourage members across the OCHIN collaborative to replicate these change ideas in their clinics.
Many thanks to OCHIN member co-authors:
- Cheralyn McKee, FNP-BC, SA156 – Upham’s Corner CHC, Dorchester, Massachusetts
- Anne Kilty, ANP, WHCNP, SA14 – Downtown Reproductive Health Clinic, Bend, Oregon
- Leah Baruch, MD, SA10 – Clackamas County Health Department, Clackamas, Oregon
- Elizabeth Ewing RN, FNP-C, SA88 – Women’s Community Clinic, San Francisco, California
- T.J. Schuch, MD, SA150 – South Boston CHC, South Boston, Massachusetts
OCHIN also would like to acknowledge Dr. Rebecca Perkins, a leader in national cervical cancer prevention research, and chair of the ASCCP Practice Committee for her contributions.
Stay tuned for announcements in the coming weeks about adjunct educational programming by guest contributors and partners.
For more information about OCHIN Quality Improvement Publications, please contact Erica Edwards at email@example.com.