who are Medicare eligible professionals that are not yet meaningful users may be eligible to apply for a hardship exception to the 2015 Payment Adjustment
. Use the chart below to help determine if you provider or providers are eligible to apply for a Hardship Exception, and see below for additional resources.
Resources from Medicare EHR Incentive Program:
Important to note:
- If you have not previously participated in the EHR incentive program, and would like to submit a Hardship Exception Application, you must submit your application no later than midnight EDT on July 1, 2014.
- Hospital-based EPs for 2012 or 2013 DO NOT need to submit the Hardship Exception Application. Hospital-Based EPs will be granted a Hardship Exception and are automatically exempt from the 2015 payment adjustment based on the data in PECOS.
- The Hardship Exception Application must be fully completed. To file a Hardship Exception Application, the circumstance must be beyond the EP’s control and the EP must explicitly outline how the circumstance significantly impaired the EP’s ability to meet Meaningful Use.
- If approved, the Hardship Exception is valid for 1 payment year only.
- If you are submitting an application on behalf of multiple EPs, please use the “EP Hardship Multiple NPI Addendum” document in conjunction with the Hardship Exception Application.
- All documentation is required at the time of submission and additional documentation will not be accepted.
- Retain a copy of your completed Hardship Exception Application for your records.